CNS Drugs[/vc_column_text][dt_gap height=”10″][vc_column_text]Challenges of developing CNS drugs
- Every area of drug discovery has challenges, and this is especially true for compounds that act in the brain. Our group has special expertise in discovering CNS drugs.
- Design compounds that maintain appropriate physicochemical
parameters (mw, PSA, lipophilicity, etc)
- Improve CNS exposure by improving passive permeability and
eliminating efflux transporter susceptibility
- Proactively recognize and avoid common latent risks including hERG activity and phospholipidosis.
- Design PET ligands and other receptor occupancy tools
and beyond for targets in these disease areas:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Neuropathic pain
[/dt_cell][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][dt_gap height=”30″][vc_column_text]References:
Targets and Emerging Therapies for Schizophrenia, 2012, Wiley Press. Edited by Jeffrey S. Albert and Michael W. Wood (Link)[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]